Saturday 3 January 2015

Patchworking...

Had my first day doing the Patchwork Challenge on my new patch (Hadston to Hemscott Hill). At Chevington I finally added Black-necked Grebe to my self-found list. Also on the North Pool were: 3 Scaup (two drakes an a female), a brief drake Goosander, 12 Whooper Swans (flocks of 9 and 3), Long-tailed Duck, 2 Red-breasted Mergansers and an Otter again. Offshore there were 7 more Red-breasted Mergansers and a fly past Long-tailed Duck.

When we reached the Budge Screen one of the first birds I looked at was a drake Green-winged Teal; another nice addition to my self-found list. There were no other birds of note around Druridge Pools.

In the end I managed 57 species on the patch and got a total of 68 points.

Green-winged Teal

Long-tailed Duck

No comments:

Post a Comment